Having problems with your 6.5L Diesel? We have lots of info on our website about these issues - here is one of the most common:
- Random stalling - just as if an invisible hand reached over and turned off the key (In early stages, the truck will start right back up if you put it it neutral. As the problem gets worse, it will take first minutes, and then hours to re-start.)
- Quite commonly this stalling will be accompanied by a check engine light and codes 35 and/or 36 on 1994 / 1995 trucks, or 1216/1217 on 1996 and later models. However in many cases there will be no codes
- This problem is caused 98% of the time by a failed PMD / FSD driver module - this is the little black box about the size of a pack of cards on the driver's side of the injection pump.
- This part can be replaced in about 10-15 minutes with ordindary hand tools by anyone familiar with even the most basic of repairs by using our FSD Heat Sync kit.
- Our kit includes an IMPROVED PMD / FSD module (PMD and FSD are different terms for the same part). Our module is designed to resist high temperatures - the very thing that brings about the failure of the OEM PMD.
- Questions? Feel free to e-mail or give us a call!