Warranty Claim Procedures:
To obtain performance of this warranty due to manufacturers defect within 12 months of date of delivery, you should contact us via email or call us at 1-877-662-8977. Provide a brief description of the failure, along your name and invoice/auction listing number. If failure is within the 12 month warranty window, a dated purchase receipt, repair order or other written proof may be required in order to process your claim. Once it has been determined if the product adheres to warranty terms below, our customer service specialist will instruct you on what remedies are available to you. Depending on your location and type of part, it may as be as simple as going to our network of 12,000 auto parts stores for a replacement part.
All of our products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 12 months from the date of purchase as follows:
The warranty period commences the date the product is delivered to the original consumer purchaser. We will repair or replace, free of charge, any product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective, at Auto Parts Distributors' sole discretion, in material or workmanship within the warranty period. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis, troubleshooting, removal or reinstallation of the product, nor does it cover any consequential expenses.
This warranty is limited to the original purchase for the vehicle application for which it is intended and is not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. A/C compressors and components are covered under this warranty, as long as proper installation procedures have been followed. Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, installation or operation, racing, unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts. Also excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear such as filters and gaskets.
To the extent permitted by law, this warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and sets out your exclusive remedies with respect to the products covered. Auto Parts Distributors does not assume any responsibility for incidental or consequential damages. No attempt to alter, modify or amend this warranty shall be effective unless authorized in writing by an officer of Auto Parts Distributors.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on the length of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
To obtain performance of this warranty, you should contact us via email or phone call. A dated purchase receipt, repair order or other written proof that the product is within the warranty period will be required in order to process your claim.
Air Conditioning Warranty:
Our complete line of air conditioning compressors come with a one year limited warranty, provided below referenced items have been completed or replaced. Otherwise, our air conditioning compressors carry no warranty. We may require proof of purchase of the below referenced items and may require a manufacturer's inspection of the related items under certain conditions.
- MUST flush A/C system with an approved (R141b and Dura Flush are approved) flush, using an approved flushing method. If an approved flush is not available, an in line filter MUST be installed per the instructions included with the compressor. Flushing with Dura Flush II or similar non-oil based flush designed specifically for automotive A/C use, is a proven method to clean A/C system components when used with a flush cylinder and pressurized air. Closed loop flushing with a power flush machine and the machine manufacturer's approved solvent is an effective method to clean A/C system components. This cleaning method is utilized by several major OE service providers.
Note: Newer condenser designs are difficult, if not impossible to thoroughly clean, and in many cases must be replaced.
- MUST replace accumulator or filter drier.
- MUST replace orifice tube or liquid line that contains orifice tube (if applicable).
- Inspect/replace thermostatic expansion valve & clean inlet screen (if applicable).
- Check for proper air flow through cooling fins of condenser & radiator (condenser may need to be replaced, see additional information in the instructions included with the compressor).
- Check for proper fan clutch or electric fan operation.
- Check compressor clutch air gap before installation (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
- MUST drain, measure and add half the required system oil in the suction side of the compressor. This may require turning the compressor shaft as the oil is installed. The remaining amount of required system oil should be installed in the accumulator or low side of the system. (Refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
- After hose assemblies are attached, turn compressor shaft (not just the clutch pulley) a minimum of 10 times to cycle oil from compressor (a spanner wrench may be required).
- Check compressor clutch electrical circuit for proper voltage (use either OEM or compressor manufacturer's specifications).
- Use only R12 or R134a refrigerant.
- Evacuate entire A/C system for a minimum of 45 minutes if the temperature is above 80 degrees (60 minutes for dual air system or if temperature is below 80 degrees).
Because we know that our parts and accessories are as good or better than the ones that came on your vehicle and we are confident that you will be happy with any product you purchase from us, we are willing to offer a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. In the unlikely event that your purchase is unsatisfactory, simply return it to us in its original condition (product must not have been installed or altered) within 30 days for a refund or exchange. Many of our items come with manufacturers warrantees that extend beyond our own 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Further, most of our items are covered under our replacement warranty for a full year, unheard of for automotive parts and accessories. See our complete Product Manufacturer's Warranty below for all the details.
- All Returns must have return goods authorization number and form issued by us in box prior to return. Call (1-877-662-8977) or email us for return authorization form.
- Items that have been installed or altered are non-returnable.
- We will not reimburse any return shipping charges unless we have made an error in product fulfillment.
- Refunds for items shipped for Free will have the actual shipping cost deducted from their refund, to cover the cost of shipping the item.
- You will not be charged any re-shipping fees when replacing defective/damaged goods.
- Returns sent C.O.D. will be refused.
- Custom orders or special request items cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
- For your own protection, you may wish to send your return back to us by insured parcel post or courier if these services are available in your area. We are not liable for damaged item(s) returned to us or returns that are not received.
- All refunds if applicable will be applied to the payment method used for your original purchase. We will make every effort to process your return quickly and you will receive an e-mail notification on the status of your return.
New Return for uninstalled or altered part.
Should it be necessary to return part or all of your order to Auto Parts Distributors, call us at 1-877-662-8977 or email us by using the contact us link above. Provide us with your order number or auction number, First,Last Name, phone number and a brief description for the return. Upon approval, a return authorization number and form will been email or faxed to with further instructions. Obtaining an RGA number ensures that the return process is handled efficiently and that credits are issued in a timely manner. In order to protect yourself against lost or damaged return shipments, we suggest shipping with a carrier that provides tracking, insurance and delivery confirmation, such as UPS,Fed-Ex, or USPS. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable with new returns. See our 30 Peace of Mind Money Back Guarantee for further details.
Defective Part, Damaged in Shipment, Missing Part or Wrong Part
For returns involving warranties or defects, products shipped in error, or products damaged in shipping, you will need to send us an e-mail within 30 days via the Contact Us link above, or you may contact us toll free at 1-877-662-8977 for assistance. You will need to specify the order number/auction number for the product you wish to return and be able to provide a brief description of the nature of the problem with the product. A Customer Service Specialist will assist you with the return and provide a RGA number and prepaid return shipping label (if applicable) via e-mail.
Damaged in Shipment
Inspect your package(s) before you accept it from the delivery personal. If you see any damage and/or evidence of tampering on the outer packaging you must make sure that the delivery personal makes a note of this damage on the delivery receipt. Once you've made sure the note of damage is noted on the delivery receipt, tell the delivery driver that you refuse to accept the damaged package, then call our customer service specialist at 1-877-662-8977 and let us know, so we can send you a replacement part as soon as we confirm with our carrier that the delivery receipt has the note of damage, we'll get a replacement on its way to you.
If no one was available to accept your package(s) from the delivery person and the package was left for you, call us at 1-877-662-8977 and let us know. Then, you must contact the carrier within 48 hours of date delivery. A customer service specialist will explain how you to contact the carrier to report the damage. For this type of claim, the shipping carrier will have to validate the damage. Depending on your location, you may have to take the part to the nearest carrier location.
If you receive your package and not all the parts are in the package. Please check your email that we or ebay has on file for you to see if your order was split and shipped from different warehouse locations. If this is what has occurred, rest assured that your other items will be arriving shortly and you will not be charged any additional shipping costs beyond those you originally paid. Multiple tracking number will be included in the email. You may also call our customer service specialist at 1-877-662-8977 for estimated delivery dates for remaining items from your order.
If there are no more shipments to arrive and you are still missing a part, call our customer service specialist at 1-877-662-8977 and let us know, so we can investigate and get you the part that's missing.
While it is rare that we may shipped the incorrect parts due the staff pulling and shipping the wrong item or the part in the box is incorrectly boxed, majority of these issues are related to production year part change. So we ask, that you help us eliminate as much of these types of issue by providing make, model and year with each order. Failure to provide this information, will delay your shipment and if unresponsive to our efforts to contact you asking you to provide this information will result in you being responsible for the return shipping. If the item is determine to be pulled or boxed wrong, we will provide a prepaid return shipping label via email. Once we have received the wrong part back, we will promptly send a replacement part to you at our expense. We realize that you may need a replacement part quicker, so we offer to ship a replacement part out prior to receiving the wrong part back, by having you place a deposit that will be refunded once the wrong part has been returned.