|Attract more birds to your yard with bird feeders, birdhouses and birdbaths. We carry Droll Yankees, Aspects, Schrodt, Heritage Farms, Songbird Essentials and many other popular brands. You will also find hummingbird feeders, heated birdbaths, bird-themed Christmas ornaments, window decals and more|
|Get ready for winter! Wild birds are already preparing for the harsh winter ahead and here's how you can help:
• Give all of your feeders a good, thorough cleaning before it gets too cold.
• Clean out nest boxes thoroughly as many birds use these in the winter for roosting sites during cold nights. You may want to add an inch or so of dry grass or straw on the bottom for insulation.
• Keep your feeders filled. Having a consistent, ready supply of food for wild birds is the most effective way to establish a population of winter resident birds in and around your yard. A well stocked feeder may also attract migrating species you don't normally get to see. And don't forget the suet!
• Offer a variety of food in a variety of feeders. Platform feeders, tube feeders, mesh feeders, suet feeders, etc. all attract different birds.
• Water should be consistently offered throughout the coldest winter months not only to avoid dehydration, but because many backyard birds must bathe year 'round to maintain their feathers for both effective and efficient flight. A de-icer can be added to an existing birdbath, or there are many good quality heated birdbaths available in our store.