HOW TO USE CRYSTALS EVERY DAY
Crystals are powerful tools that correctly used, can increase the vibratory effect on the human physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. Crystals can produce their effects as they may both amplify good energy and absorb or alleviate negative energy.
The best way to crystals are to keep them as close as possible to you throughout the day or night. The closer and more frequent the contact with the wearer the more potent the effect. Here’s how:
• Place in a fabric bag or lightweight container
• Place directly on the body in the bag or within your clothing (pocket, handkerchief, bra, waistband, sock, shoe, glove, sleeve etc)
• For skin contact, hold in hands or place directly on the skin while lying or sitting down. Crystals can also be taped in place on the skin
• Wear the crystal in a jewelry or wire cage setting anywhere on the body
• Crystal beads can be woven into the hair with a silk cord or on a scarf.
• Place crystals in a bowl near your work or bedside.
• Crystals can also be placed in grids (alignments) around or under furniture; on tabletops; in corners of rooms; near windows or hanging from the ceiling, light fixtures or architectural beams etc.
• Crystals can be used in homemade elixirs (soaked in water to create a healing potion to be drunk or rubbed on the body).
• The elixirs can be diluted with water and misted into the air around your home, workplace and especially at bedside. This is a particularly helpful way to assist a child or ill person who cannot use a crystal directly on the body.
• However, one must be knowledgeable enough to create elixirs properly as certain crystals (namely copper, malachite, galena) can be toxic if taken internally and a few are too fragile to be placed in water. In these cases, it is best to use the indirect method that transfers the crystal vibration into a separate container of water without physically touching the crystal to the water.
• Crystals can be placed in a warm bathtub and then soak your body in the water. Most polished or tumbled stones work very well in the bath. (Do not use malachite, galena, sulfur or copper as they can be toxic in water. It is not advised to use layered or fragile crystals such as raw celestite, lepidolite and selenite as they can be dissolved or made unstable in water)
• Mix Clear Quartz with your other crystals because quartz is an amplifier of energy and one of the most healing crystals on earth. It can be added to most crystals to greatly enhance their effect and is generally cleansing for crystals that are absorbing negative energies. Quartz also raises crystal energy to the highest possible level.
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT USING CRYSTALS
If the crystal has a point, which direction should the point be?
Place the crystal so it points toward you or point it downwards in order to draw healing energy into your body. When you want the crystal to draw off toxins or dissapate negative energies (like unwanted emotions) then place the point up or outwards away from yourself.
How important is “intention” when using crystals?
Intention is of utmost importance. One should be open and appreciative of the gift of crystal healing. Release your expectations of what the healing or blessing will look like or when it will occur. More often than not, the Universe’s gift to us is much better and deeper than anything the limited conscious mind can imagine. Allow your Higher Self (Soul) to operate in collaboration with the crystals for your Highest Good.
Should I discontinue any medications I am taking if I am also using crystal potions?
Definitely not! Crystals are compatible with all medical treatments and can be used to supplement medications and therapies. If you are feeling better and want to discontinue a medication, ask your doctor first and follow your health care provider’s advice.
Can crystals cause “harm” to a person if you don’t “know what you are doing?”
Very, very rarely could a crystal bring a negative effect. If a crystal is not a good choice for a condition, say addiction for example, it may not make the addiction any worse, but it may not help it specifically either. Since most crystals have many positive healing qualities, in general they are therapeutic even if you may not know their specific effect. It is best to gain a little knowledge to best serve you. For example, if you want an energizing effect (you are fatigued) amethyst or lepidolite are not the best choices, as they are rather tranquilizing. Pyrite, carnelian or citrine would be better choices.
There are only a few instances where an unwanted effect may be noticed. Extremely sensitive people should not use Moonstone during the full moon if they notice that their emotions are intensified to the point of an unhealthy extreme. If this happens, discontinue moonstone and substitute black tourmaline or jet. In the case of malachite, a racing heart would indicate removing the malachite and replacing with rose quartz, amethyst or fluorite.
Can I use multiple crystals at one time?
Yes, but we recommend limiting them to 2 or 3 different types in order to better harmonize their effect and determine how they are working for you. It is best to use multiple crystals at one time that do not have opposing effects, such as energizing and tranquilizing at the same time. However, an example of a wise choice would be to use one crystal for healing a respiratory illness (e.g. lapis lazuli) and another one for general healing (like agate) or others that promote sleep, protection or mental clarity. These effects would be compatible. In any case, cleanse and program your crystals for best effect.
How “fast” should I expect a crystal to work?
The problem with this question is the word “expect.” Working with crystals (or any other healing modality) is not like ordering a hamburger at a drive up window. Instant gratification they are not! The crystals will definitely “work” but the effect cannot be set within a narrow confine of a mental expectation. It is better to remain calm and non-attached to a specific outcome for crystal healing. Allow the Universe to heal and bless your life with the magnificent gift of crystals and see what they bring. Very often the impact of crystal healing is very subtle (yet strong) and after some time, one will “notice” that there has been an energetic shift that is beneficial.
What should I “feel” when using the crystals?
Sometimes people immediately “feel” the energy of the crystals once they put them on their body, sometimes there is no specific feeling. However, this will depend on the sensitivity you have developed in your mental and spiritual life. Finely attuned people either have this naturally or have developed it over time. Either way, know that the energy of the crystals WILL DEFINITELY have an effect, whether you are aware of it or not. Once they are set in motion in your field, it is impossible for them NOT to impact your life. Compare this to eating a certain food. Yes, you know it will have its effect, but you may not be able to “put your finger on it” specifically. That ability to mentally “know” the effect will not negate the impact.