The Blufoxx Creations eBay store was created primarily to contain the two hundred or so antique style filigree rings that I have been selling. My sales volume has been very low so I have deleted most of my listings. The rings are still available, but I will need to create a custom listing for what you want. Call me at 540-246-6760.
There is a shop in town that specializes in antique design filigree rings. They have collected thousands of antique molds and make ring mountings. These are not antique rings - these are rings made from antique molds. They have consented to have me sell these mountings at retail. They are normally only available to jewelers. They are simply great ring mounts. They are available in either white or yellow 14K gold and some other purities and metals. These are no longer listed in my eBay store. Go to Hugo Kohl's web site to see rings available - www.hugokohl.com. If you want an antique style ring mounting or setting, these are just wonderful.
General Operation for Ring Mountings
I do not stock the filigree mountings. The shop that makes them does not stock them either. They are cast as ordered.
When you purchase a ring mounting, I will contact the shop that makes these that day or the next business day.
The item must be made (cast and finished). The process of casting and finishing a ring mounting usually takes about a week. The shop does not immediately make a casting for a mounting that has been ordered but is not in stock. This is not efficient, so usually several days go by while mountings that have been ordered accumulate until there is a sufficient number to operate a casting process. Casting is usually done on Friday and mountings are shipped the following Monday or Tuesday.
After the mounting is cast, it must be finished and depending on the number of rings that have been cast, this can take a couple of days.
So while I would like to immediately ship your ring mounting, sometimes it will be several days. .
My policies for operation of this business are very simple. I will be fair and straightforward with you. I expect you to be fair and straightforward with me. When you pay me for an item I will get it shipped to you as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you do not like something that you bought from me, send it back and I will refund your purchase price (less a re-stocking fee to cover my selling expenses) if the item arrives in the condition in which it was sent to you. Please do so within 14 days. Let me know within 3 days via e-mail if you are returning an item. The restocking fee is 15%.
I do not ship outside the US except on an exception basis - please contact me about this policy. Mountings are shipped via UPS from the goldsmiths. Buyer pays a flat shipping, handling and insurance fee of $6.50. I will combine shipments if you let me know. Virginia residents pay 5% Virginia sales tax.
Payment is due within 7 days of auction end. Payment Methods: Paypal (confirmed address only). For all Paypal payments, I will ship to your confirmed address only. I also accept money orders, cashiers checks and personal checks. Items will not be shipped until personal checks clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a mounting to fit my gemstone - it is 3 carats? ANSWER: It is not the carat weight of the gemstone that is the important information - it is the shape and dimensions. The mountings in my eBay store are categorized by shape - that is - round, emerald, oval, etc. They have the dimensions listed in the title of the listing 8x6mm, 7x5mm, 8mm, etc. Measure your gemstone if you do not know what size it is and then look in my eBay store. Gemstones are measured in specific ways (trillion is not measured corner to corner, for example) - if you don't know how to measure them go to your local jeweler or goldsmith.
- My gemstone is 9.78mm x 7.86mm. Will it fit in a 10x8mm ring mounting? ANSWER: Most gemstones are not exact sizes. The answer to the above is yes, because 9.78mm is close to 10mm and 7.86mm is close to 8mm. Gemstones that are a LITTLE oversize will also usually fit. HOWEVER, some of the ring mountings do not have prong mountings and may require skilled bench jeweler/goldsmith cutting/enlarging/re-sizing gemstone seats in the top of the mounting and re-building beads to set the gemstones. When in doubt take your gemstone and a picture of the ring mounting to whoever is going to set the gemstone for you and get their opinion. (While you are there get your finger measured.)
- I live in Canada/Australia/etc. Can you ship to me? ANSWER: I do not as a matter of policy ship outside the US. However, I will if you can convince me that you are going to pay me and we can agree on shipping charges. I am not going to ship outside the US for $6.50 and I want to compute shipping costs to you and have an okay, before I deal with you. I can then enter your eBay ID as an exception so that you can then buy mountings from me.
- What size is the ring mounting? I wear a size 7. Can you size the mounting for me? ANSWER: I'm adding the NOMINAL ring size to the listings. The ring mountings are produced by the shop that makes these with ring sizes and weights that can/will change from casting run to casting run. I do not want to size mountings for you because I think that whoever puts the gemstone in the mounting for you (sets the stone) should also re-size the mounting as needed to fit you. I will re-size a mounting if you absolutely must have it done, BUT there will be an extra charge of $10.00. You should really have your finger measured by whoever is going to do the re-sizing. I have already re-sized rings for two people that were the WRONG size since they didn't have their fingers measured.
- I have a gemstone - can you mount it in ring mounting E05/E23/etc. for me? ANSWER: No, I will not mount the gemstone for you. I don't want to lose or damage your gemstone. It is better to have your gemstone mounted by your local jeweler.
- I do not have a gemstone - can you get one and mount it in ring mounting E05/E23/etc. for me? ANSWER: No. I will not do that as there is a very wide variation in colors and quality of most colored gemstones. You really need to see the gemstone to make sure that you like it. For example, I do not like the very dark amethysts - others think they are the only ones to have.
- Are there any other mountings available for a 6mm/8x6mm oval/etc? ANSWER: No. All the mountings available are listed in Hugo Kohl's web site - www.hugokohl.com.
- Will I have to wait long if a ring mounting? ANSWER: A ring mounting IS NOT immediately cast to send to you. Rings are not immediately cast for a single customer because it is not practical to cast one ring mounting at a time. Once there are requirements for several mountings, then a casting process will be done. The delay is not usually longer than a week or so. Casting is usually done on Friday and mountings are shipped the following Monday or Tuesday.
- How hard is it to have the gemstones set in the mountings? ANSWER: Some of the mountings are pave style mountings - they do not have prongs. The goldsmith or bench jeweler uses tools to push up beads of gold to hold the gemstone in place. If the seat on the mounting doesn't exactly match your gemstone, the goldsmith will have to build up or ream out the seat so that the gemstone fits properly. Therefore, setting gemstones in the pave mountings requires a certain degree of expertise on the part of the goldsmith or bench jeweler. The prong mountings are more straightforward and can be set by a wider range of jewelers.
- I purchased one of your mountings and am disappointed with the sheen of the gold. Why is it so dull? ? ANSWER: The white gold mountings are made with an alloy called soft nickel white. It makes a mounting that will look more yellow than some other white gold rings which may be made with a different alloy or may be plated. These are cast mountings and are not plated. Many white gold rings are plated with rhodium or platinum to make them look whiter and shiner. These mountings can be plated, but that work needs to be done by your local jeweler or goldsmith after the gemstone is set.
- As I get additional questions, I will generalize them and list them here. Thanks for your interest. These are really great mountings.