- Across the width of the fabric, rotary cut a 9” wide strip of fabric.
- Subcut this strip into four 9” wide pieces
LAYERING THE POTHOLDER SANDWICH
1. Place one Insul-Bright piece on bottom.
2. Place one cotton batting pieces on top of Insul-Bright. (Option: for a thicker potholder use two batting pieces)
3. Place the two cotton fabric pieces (right sides together) on top.
4. Using extra long straight pins, pin all layers together in the middle portion of the potholder keeping pins away from the edges.
- With cotton fabric side of the packet facing up, with walking foot attached to your machine, stitch around pot holder with a 1/2” seam allowance leaving a 4” long opening on one of the sides of potholder (backstitch at starting and ending points). Angle cut corners to about 1/8” from stitching and trim remaining edges (except in 4” opening area) to 1/8” from stitching.
- Turn pot holder right side out, pushing corners out with point turner. Fold opening edges to inside and press entire pot holder.
- With longer stitch length, topstitch around entire pot holder approximately 2” in from edge.
- Starting just above top of opening, topstitch around entire potholder approximately 1/4" from edge being sure to catch both edges of opening with stitching. Press when done.
Cut a 6” piece of 3/8” wide grosgrain ribbon and handstitch to top center securing with a button as per picture.
2010. All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only and is not to be posted on other eBay sites/websites (reportable violation of eBay's Images & Text Policy), photocopied for resale, distribution or commercial purposes. Pattern designed exclusively for Cozy Cabin Charm.click here to see our potholder supply listings or ready-made potholders