General Shipping Policy
Build has tried to make its shipping and handling prices and policies as fair as possible, so you benefit from our competitive pricing, plus the convenience of delivery to your door.
From the big to the small, we ship it all (mostly). Every shipment method we use is trackable and insured. Below is a list of our shipment methods and their shipping times. All shipment times are shown in business days, which is Monday through Friday (no weekends), excluding holidays.*
Shipment times are average and remote locations, shipments during the winter holiday season, and cases of extreme weather may exceed the mentioned shipment times.1
- Standard shipping—This means UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or another common carrier that provides insurance and tracking. Shipments often need to be signed for, but shipments can also be left at the driver’s discretion. Items shipped by this method have several “speeds”:
- Standard Ground Shipping: 5-7 business days. This is our usual “Free Shipping” method. Shipments that are eligible for Free Shipping will have this option available. Shipment times are 5-7 business days.
- "Curb Side Delivery" - AKA Freight or “LTL” Shipping—This is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items such as large sinks, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. Items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment. Items are delivered by scheduled appointment by lift-gate for to-the-curb service. Be sure that all items are inspected for freight damage - by you - prior to the driver leaving. Any concealed damage must be reported within 7 business days. Any concealed damage reported to us after 7 days may no longer be eligible for a refund of any shipping costs paid, due to our inability to file a freight claim with the original carrier; Most carriers only accept claims for 7 days following delivery. Typical shipment time for freight deliveries is 7-10 business days.
1 Shipment time is the expected time from when a package leaves the warehouse, enters the carrier’s service to when it arrives at the customer’s shipment address. Expected Time to Ship (the time from when an order is placed to when an item is given to the shipment carrier) varies by product. Please read your product’s details for further information.
We do our best to ensure that shipping is correctly calculated before you purchase; however, at times it may not be possible to do so accurately.
Estimated Shipment TimesIf your order is received before 11 A.M. Pacific Time, you can expect it to ship as follows:
- Plumbing (faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, etc.): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Lighting Fixtures: usually ship within 3 business days.
- Hardware (door knobs, door levers, hinges, cabinet pulls, etc.): usually ships within 3 business days.
- Ventilation (bath fans, range hoods, air purifiers): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Tools (power tools, air tools, generators, etc.): usually ship within 3 business days.
- During holidays, any orders received will not be processed until the next business day.
Where can I have my order shipped?
We can ship anywhere within the United States (yup, all 50 states). If you live in one of the US Territories or Protectorates (US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.), Canada, or have an APO/FPO/DPO address then please call us at (800) 375-5107 to obtain a custom shipping quote and to place your order. If you live outside of the United States we use eBays Global Shipping Program to fulfill orders and more information can be found on our FAQ.
Shipping & Order Confirmations
Shortly after placing your order, youâll receive an email confirming that weâve received your order. Youâll receive a second email when your order has shipped. (Youâll receive more than one shipment confirmation email if your order is fulfilled in multiple shipments). Please save these email invoices for your records.