General Shipping Policy
Build has tried to make its shipping and handling prices and policies as fair as possible, so you benefit from our competitive pricing, plus the convenience of delivery to your door.
For your convenience, we offer three shipping options: Standard Ground, Two Day Air, and Next Day Air. If you ordered two or more items, you may receive them in multiple boxes on different days, because of varying item availability and shipping locations. We do not charge you extra shipping for split shipments.
Because Next Day and Two Day delivery service involve air transport, some items cannot be shipped via these options. Items containing hazardous or regulated materials or some very large or heavy items must be shipped to you via freight carrier—these items are identified at time of purchase.
From the big to the small, we ship it all (mostly). Every shipment method we use is trackable and insured. Below is a list of our shipment methods and their shipping times. All shipment times are shown in business days, which is Monday through Friday (no weekends), excluding holidays.*
Shipment times are average and remote locations, shipments during the winter holiday season, and cases of extreme weather may exceed the mentioned shipment times.1
- Standard shipping—This means UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or another common carrier that provides insurance and tracking. Shipments often need to be signed for, but shipments can also be left at the driver’s discretion. Items shipped by this method have several “speeds”:
- Standard Ground Shipping: 5-7 business days. This is our usual “Free Shipping” method. Shipments that are eligible for Free Shipping will have this option available. Shipment times are 5-7 business days.
- Second Day Air: The shipment time on this package is 2 business days—the day following the ship-day is the first day. For example, an item that ships on Friday (not counting Saturday or Sunday) will arrive on Tuesday. For non-contiguous states and territories, we recommend this method for shipping—the ship time for these locations is about 2-3 business days.
- Next Day Air: The shipment time on this is 1 business day. An item will be delivered the following business day if the carrier receives that item in time for their daily cut-off (which varies by carrier). NOTE: When choosing this method, please be aware of Expected Time To Ship of the products (warehouse turn-around).
- "Curb Side Delivery" - AKA Freight or “LTL” Shipping—This is reserved for large, heavy, or oversized items such as large sinks, bathtubs, shower doors, etc. Items are palletized and loaded onto a large truck for shipment. Items are delivered by scheduled appointment by lift-gate for to-the-curb service. All items must be inspected for freight damage prior to the driver leaving. Shipment time is 7-10 business days.
1 Shipment time is the expected time from when a package leaves the warehouse, enters the carrier’s service to when it arrives at the customer’s shipment address. Expected Time to Ship (the time from when an order is placed to when an item is given to the shipment carrier) varies by product. Please read your product’s details for further information.
We do our best to ensure that shipping is correctly calculated before you purchase; however, at times it may not be possible to do so accurately.
Estimated Shipment Times
If your order is received before 11 A.M. Pacific Time, you can expect it to ship as follows:
- Plumbing (faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, etc.): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Lighting Fixtures: usually ship within 3 business days.
- Hardware (door knobs, door levers, hinges, cabinet pulls, etc.): usually ships within 3 business days.
- Ventilation (bath fans, range hoods, air purifiers): usually ships within 2 business days.
- Tools (power tools, air tools, generators, etc.): usually ship within 3 business days.
- During holidays, any orders received will not be processed until the next business day.
Where can I have my order shipped?
We can ship anywhere within the United States (yup, all 50 states). If you live in one of the US Territories or Protectorates (US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc.), Canada, or have an APO/FPO/DPO address then please call us at (800) 375-5107 to obtain a custom shipping quote and to place your order. If you live outside of the United States, at this time we are unable to accept your order and apologize for the inconvenience.
Shipping & Order Confirmations
Shortly after placing your order, you’ll receive an email confirming that we’ve received your order. You’ll receive a second email when your order has shipped. (You’ll receive more than one shipment confirmation email if your order is fulfilled in multiple shipments). Please save these email invoices for your records.
Build offers free shipping on many orders delivered by Standard Ground to the 48 contiguous states*. Free shipping offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, or any international destination. Free shipping offer does not apply to items that ship via freight. To select free shipping, simply click on the "Calculate" link and enter your zip code: