All Cooltech Refrigeration products ship under 110 freight classifications.
When Receiving Freight Shipment
It is the customer's sole responsibility to ensure that the product is received in good condition. Buyer should uncrate and carefully inspect for freight damages before signing off the driver. Failure to do so will result in difficulty when filing a claim with the freight company. Driver should be made aware of the damages before leaving customer's location. Bill of lading should be noted and signed (all copies) by buyer and the driver. We are not responsible for any repair or service bill due to freight damage if the customer fails to mark 'damaged' on freight receipt before the driver leaves. We will, however, help the customer to file for freight claim.
Customer's Freight Damage Procedure
Before signing the carrier's freight bill the customer should do the following:
- Inspect shipment for any damage. If you see damage or feel there may be concealed damage, mark the carrier's copy of the freight bill 'damaged'.
- If there is damage to your shipment, action must be taken by you to notify the carrier within 48 hours of receipt. A freight claim must be filed with the carrier and an inspection scheduled by the carrier. It is the duty of the carrier to give you a written report upon notification. (VISIBLE AND CONCEALED).
- For visible damage do not accept delivery unless the condition is noted on your copy of the freight bill and signed by the driver.
- If the damage is concealed, notify the carrier within 48 hours by phone and in writing. Ask them to send their agent to complete an inspection report.
- Retain all cartons and merchandise for inspection. It is critical that the customer take the above actions.
Return of Product
Prior Authorization must be granted by Cooltech Refrigeration before purchase can be returned for credit. Returns will only be authorized within 90 days of invoice date. Item approved for return is subject to a 20% restocking charge. Returned equipment must be shipped freight pre-paid, packed in original carton, and received in good condition.