Answers to Common Questions about our Return Policy
Q: Can I return my order for any reason?
A: Yes! Costume Craze has a Worry-Free Return Policy! There are a few specifics to keep in mind:
• Please notify us by email or phone before returning your item(s). To receive exchange authorization before sending your item(s) back, you can reach us at 800-494-0094 (801-796-1053, for callers outside the US & Canada) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Items must be postmarked within 30 days of receiving them. However, if time gets away from you, all is not lost! If you return your items after 30 days, you will receive your refund in the form of store credit.
• If you return your items after 30 days, there will be a 15% restocking fee.
• Items must be returned in new, unused condition. We are very strict on this. We inspect every return thoroughly for signs of wear. If you wear it or stretch it out, please don't return it! You wouldn't want to buy something you thought was brand new that someone else had worn, would you?
• You must include the entire costume with all its parts, plus the original packaging. If the costume, its parts, or the original packaging are not in perfect, unused condition, no credit will be issued.
• Clearance items are not returnable, nor are they exchangeable. All Clearance merchandise is sold "As Is."
• Some items are never returnable (for hygienic reasons). These include dog costumes, undergarments, wigs, beards, mustaches, make-up, novelty teeth, tights, socks, and contact lenses (and, of course, any item that is sold as "Clearance," as explained above).
• Shipping charges are not refundable.
Q: What if I ordered the wrong size? Can I exchange it for a different size?
A: Yes, you are welcome to exchange the same costume for a different size. You will be responsible for all shipping fees (shipping it back to us and shipping the new costume out). Additionally, you must first have an authorization for the exchange, and it must be returned with all its parts, plus the original packaging in order to receive credit. (Note: Your item(s) must be postmarked within 30 days from the day you receive it. If you return your item(s) to us after 30 days, you will be charged a 15% restocking fee, which will be deducted from the amount credited for the exchange.)
Note: Packages refused by the buyer (for whatever reason)--in other words, not accepted from the designated carrier and hence immediately shipped back to us--are subject to a return fee of $5.00, in addition to the 15% restocking fee (where applicable). International orders which are refused and returned to us by the carrier are subject to being charged the full amount that is charged by the carrier for returning the package back to us.
Q: What if I receive the wrong item or the item I receive is defective or is missing pieces?
A: Well, first of all, we apologize! We make every effort to get each customer the item(s) they ordered and to ship them in perfect condition. Please call us immediately (800-494-0094 or 801-796-1053, if outside the US & Canada). We recognize that many purchases are for events and email will not be the fastest way to remedy your merchandise. However, you can email@example.com, if you prefer to. Important things to note:
• You must contact us within 48 hours to let us know your items are defective.
• All orders that are authorized for return must include the entire costume with all its parts, plus the original packaging. If the costume, its parts, or the original packaging are not in perfect, unused condition, no credit will be issued.
• We will take care of the shipping to get the correct item(s) out to you.
• We will take care of the return shipping as long as you are exchanging for another item. (It is literally impossible to refund your credit card for more than the original charge.)
• The fastest way to remedy a defective or incorrect item is to place another order for the replacement right away. We will place another charge on your credit card until we receive the defective or incorrect merchandise.
Q: How do I cancel an order after it is placed?
A: The good news is that we take our business very seriously, so when you place your order, we begin processing it almost immediately. The bad news is that because we move so quickly to get orders out on time, it is often not possible to cancel an order once it is placed. If an order is in stock, it will be processed immediately. In short, you should consider that an in stock order placed is an order immediately processed and shipped and therefore not possible to cancel. However, don't hesitate to call us (800-494-0094 or 801-796-1053, if outside the US & Canada), we may be able to stop the processing, but there's no guarantee.
Q: I still have questions about returns, how can I contact you?
A: Feel free to contact us with any questions by calling toll-free 800-494-0094 (801-796-1053, for callers outside the US & Canada), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.