What should I do if certain piece doesn't fit properly?
Sometimes car manufacturers can slightly change dashboard components or layout, that's why our kits may have some differences and it turns out that a piece
or some pieces does not fit properly. We understand this problem and always do our best to make our customers absolutely satisfied. Usually we are able to correct almost 100% of these problems, in case if customer bought correct kit (year and model) for his car. First of all e-mail us about that. Our Customer Service Team and our designer will contact you in next 24 hours to help you resolve the problem. There are few steps how to help us resolve the issue.
| Step 1
We request customer to send us few photos showing area where the piece supposed be installed with wrong piece dry fit and at least one photo showing this area without the piece. Our designer should see the problem. Unfortunately all explanations sent by E-Mail do not help.
Here are few simple rules for this operation:
- wrong piece should be dry fit to its place using sticky tape
- piece should be dry fit without bends
- the piece should be aligned on the surface by best fitting corner or side
- photos should be made in medium or high resolution, normal lighting (daylight) and at 90 degree angle
- photos could show us problematic part of the piece
- at least one photo should show whole piece dry fit with a little space around it
- at least one photo should show installation area without the piece
If you make photos following these rules, correction will take less time and in most cases new piece will be ready after the first correction attempt.
| Step 2
After we receive photos our designer works with them and makes necessary corrections. It usually takes 1-2 BUSINESS days. We make paper cuts of corrected piece/pieces and mail them to our customer for a check. In most cases that will be enough for making new corrected piece, but sometimes further corrections may be needed.
| Step 3
When customer receives paper cut he should check it dry fit. If no other corrections are needed (template fits perfectly), customer should confirm that via e-mail and we will make new corrected piece/pieces and send it to the customer. Case will be closed. If further corrections are needed we request new photos showing paper cut template dry fit. Rules for making these photos are almost identical to those listed above.
- paper cut template should be attached to its place with sticky tape
- brown side of template always is upper /face side, not colored one
- paper template should be attached to the surface without bends or gaps under it
- photos could show us problematic part of paper template
- at least one photo should show whole paper cut dry fit with a little space around it
- paper cut should be aligned on the surface by one corner or side
- preferably this should be the side which was used when photos showing wrong piece has been made
When we receive these photos our designer makes new modifications and we mail revised paper cut template for a final check. Once customer confirms that there are no problems with fitting anymore, replacement piece will be processed. Usually 1-2 corrections are enough to achieve perfect fit and 100% customer satisfaction, but sometimes, in rare occasions, we need more attention for making correct piece, but doesn't matter how many attempts we need to get final result, we always work till the customer is completely satisfied with fitting.