- Shipping and Handling Information
Shipping and Handling Information
There are a few factors that determine my shipping and handling costs, including the following:
- I pack trains securely to reduce the possibility of damage during shipping. I wrap each item in paper or bubble wrap, add packing materials to prevent movement during shipping, and use Priority Mail or other durable boxes.
- I base my shipping cost on the eBay estimate. Additionally, I include a handling fee on listings to partially offset packaging cost and seller fees (it normally does not cover them all). The handling fee varies based on the original listing cost, packaging, and domestic or international sales - but is usually $2.50 for individual domestic listings.
- I am always happy to combine orders when possible:
- For smaller combined domestic orders, I use the eBay estimated postal cost, along with a 25% discount on the handling cost for each additional item.
- For larger domestic orders, I use the estimated postal cost with a handling fee of 10% of the total cost of the order and postal cost.
- Larger orders may require other shipping considerations (e.g., additional insurance, multiple boxes) that may affect this cost. If you are interested in making a large purchase, please let me know in advance for a shipping and handling estimate.
- If you wish to combine orders, please wait until all of your purchases are completed before you pay. I will send you a final invoice with adjusted shipping and handling when you are ready.
- Generally, I will combine orders purchased over the course of a week.
- My standard shipping method is Priority Mail (which includes some insurance coverage). However, I am happy to offer parcel select as an option on request but an insurance cost may be added.
Bottom line: I believe that the total cost for my listings is comparable to or beats many others on eBay. I appreciate happy customers and want everyone who deals with me to feel that they received a good deal for great products.