I accept PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org), MO and Cashier's Checks.
Since I sell mostly used items, it's important to note an item's condition. I use a standard grading system established in the tool collector's
trade as outlined below. Each condition rating can be modified with a + or a - to add further refinement. Since you can't handle an item in an
online auction, you should examine the pictures carefully and ask any questions before you bid. I respond promptly to all queries to ensure
you have the best information available on my tools.
- EXC — Excellent Condition — Nearly new condition with original finish and no noted damage.
- VG — Very Good Condition — Small cracks in wooden parts, no repairs. Has minor loss to original finish. Ideal for collector’s or display purpose.
- G — Good Condition — Minor cracks in wood parts, repairs may be needed for use, has substantial paint or finish loss. Minor rust damage on iron planes & tools. Ideal for users or those wishing to refurbish for collection.
- F — Fair Condition — Substantial cracks to wooden or metal parts. Most parts still intact, but may have had substantial repair or replaced parts. Major rust damage. Needs attention or repair prior to use. Good for parts.
- P — Poor Condition — Major damage or altered pieces. Has deep pitted rusting to iron & metal pieces. Good for parts use only, or major repair work.
General Shipping Policies
- I ship the next business day following payment (modified as needed for US holidays).
- I always try to combine shipping if possible. If you win more than one item, wait until I invoice you so you'll know the shipping. I
need to figure out the combined weight and size to get an accurate rate.
- Shipping charges are estimates made at the time of listing. They are based on the weight of the item, its packing requirements and
the probable shipping method and they include more than just postage (packaging for some items that require special handling (e.g., large planes),
insurance for items over US$75, etc).
If shipping seems whacky large, message me, sometimes the eBay shipping calculator does wierd things and I can look up the real cost to your zip code and get back to you with a more accurate estimate.
- I do automatically insure all sales whose final value is over US$75 to protect us both from misfortune at the hands of USPS. I do this at my
cost for most itme. However on very expensive items, I will add a handling fee and this is what that is for usually.
- My standard shipping method is USPS Priority Mail unless special prior arrangements have been made.
- I know it sounds expensive, but in most cases it's the same or cheaper than Parcel Post and has a much higher chance of arriving
in a timely fashion (or at all).
- Items that are 13 oz. or less go USPS 1st class.
- Items from 14 oz to about 20 lbs (depending on destination) go USPS Priority Mail.
- Heavier shipments go UPS; they have better rates on heavier packages.
- I will ship Worldwide. The eBay Shpping Calculator is hit and miss on international rates. If you have any concerns about rates, please
drop me a message and ask me for a shipping quote before bidding.
- ALL customs duties, import fees, VAT taxes, whatever they are called in your country are the SOLE responsibility of the buyer.
- I do add a $5 handling fee for international shipments only to cover the paperwork for customs and the extra overhead.
- Based on my experience over the last year, I have the folloing tips for international customers:
- Keep it to things that will fit in a flat rate envelope or a USPS Small Flat Rate box.
- Or, keep the total weight under 4 lbs (1.8kg) so it can go USPS First Class International.
- UPS and FedEx rates are truely eye-watering for anyone outside North America, so the only other option is really USPS Priority Mail
International. Rates for items over 4 lbs generally start about US$30.
- I am willing to hold a shipment to group things together for up to a week, please drop me a note if you wish to do this.
- Other arrangements can be made with prior discussion, I know it's expensive, so I try what I can to work with you.
Payment & Feedback
- Unless you've made prior arrangements, I only accept PayPal and I expect payment within four (4) days
following the close of the auction. This isn't arbitrary, it's in accordance with eBay's standard policy.
- I'm not one of those wannabe lawyer guys, if you need to send a Money Order or are having issues with PayPal, let me know,
I will work with you, but I got to hear from you. If I don't hear from you at all within 5 days, then I will probably open a case.
- I will leave feedback when I ship the item. When you receive the item, please leave feedback for me. I try to deal fairly and
- Fortunately, it's been quite rare, but on occasion, I have faced feedback extortion, that is threatening to leave the seller
(me) negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings (DSRs) if the seller won't do something that wasn’t promised in the original
listing. Such as:
I take a particularly dim view of this. Most buyers are casual users of eBay, but for us store owners, this is our livelihood.
eBay has a policy for this as none of it is allowed.
But, please, lets just not go there. I'm reasonable, you're reasonable, I am sure we can work it out if there are any issues.
- Accept a return and pay for return shipping.
- Give a full or partial refund for an item.
- Lower the shipping and handling costs.
- Refund payment before the buyer ships the item back to the seller.