My Son is Matthew Dylan Kornegay.
Dylan was critically burned on March 5, 2010 when a gasoline container exploded at a bon fire.
He was 19 years old and a senior in high school.
Dylan had a 4 wheeler, a camp, a boat, a truck, & a lawn care business with gasoline powered equipment. He attended boater safety, hunter safety, DARE, & driver safety. He knew more about gasoline safety & outdoor survival than most, including his parents, his peers, & his educators.
It's what Dylan didn't know that caused him 3rd & 4th degree burns on 80% of his body.
It's what none of us knew that cost us his life.
Dylan faught courageously for 6 weeks to live, but lost his battle to overcome his injuries on April 11, 2010.
Please visit his site to learn more about burn prevention & gasoline safety.
Burn injuries can be prevented. We need your help to facilitate a change in education & regulations.