RETURN AND EXCHANGE POLICY
The Microsoft Store on eBay return policy is in addition to any statutory return rights you may have under law. Microsoft Store on eBay will accept returns for items that meet the return criteria set forth below for 30 days from the date of purchase or download, as applicable. Exceptions are stated below. We may deny any return or exchange if it fails to meet our return criteria.
*Items ordered from the Microsoft Store on eBay can only be returned or exchanged through eBay.
BEFORE YOU RETURN A PRODUCT
We work hard to ensure that we always get your order right the first time. If you are having issues with a product, there may be other options before you return it.
- Please contact us via eBay messaging and we will do our best to assist with your issue
- Find online help or to ask questions on the Microsoft eBay Store Support website: email@example.com
- Call for in-person support please call: 1 (855) 744-5447
- If you need Technical Support with A Microsoft Product, please visit our Answer Desk
To return a product eligible for return or exchange under our return policy:
- Please visit "My eBay" to initiate the return process and retrieve your return shipping label no later than thirty (30) days after the date of purchase.
- We will examine the items when received and, if they are eligible for return or exchange under our return policy, Microsoft Store on eBay will arrange for an exchange or issue a credit to the same form of payment you used to purchase the item and send you a return receipt e-mail.
*Please note that we do not cross-ship any items, even if you feel you may have ordered incorrectly or received the wrong product.
To qualify, all products must be returned with reasonable care having been taken (such as must not show wear or damage, and must be in a condition that permits us to resell them). All returns and exchanges must be accompanied by the original documentation, instruction manuals, registration, parts and components (including cables, controllers, and accessories) and the original manufacturer packaging. If you are returning software you must also include all media and product keys. Failure to include such items may prevent or delay your refund or exchange.
Microsoft reserves the right to deny any return if it fails to meet the return criteria and conditions. A restocking fee of ten percent (10%) may be deducted from the refund amount for hardware products (such as non-defective computers, printers, and Xbox returns). Refunds will be made in the same method as payment. When you make a qualifying return, we will credit the full amount, less the original shipping and handling charges, if any, and we will process your refund within approximately one week from receipt of your return shipment.
- Microsoft Store on eBay will not accept the following items for return: (i) items that have been personalized or customized, (ii) special order items, if not part of a Microsoft Store on eBay promotional retail sales offering, and (iii) items that have been used, altered or that show wear or damage. Items must be in a condition that permits us to resell them. (iv) physical and downloadable gift cards and service/subscription cards (i.e Skype, Xbox Live, Xbox Music Pass, Windows Store cards
- For software and games, all boxed software and video games must be returned with their seal intact. Opened software and games may only be exchanged for the same product. If we no longer have the same product, we will issue you a Microsoft Store credit. You may only return opened items during the return period if: (i) you don’t agree with the license agreement, or (ii) the media does not work, and (iii) only if you do not make or retain any copies.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL for clearance items or those marked with a designation such as "Final Sale" or "Non-Returnable."
Online returns only. Items ordered from the Microsoft Store on eBay can only be returned or exchanged through eBay. (Go to My eBay > Purchase history).
Promotions and bundles. For promotional items and bundles, all included products and/or services must be returned together. If a service included in the promotion and/or bundle has been used (for example a used promotional promo code), or the promotion and/or bundle includes a non-refundable item, the full retail value of the service and/or non-refundable item will be deducted from the refund amount. When a bundle is purchased and only part of the bundle is returned, the bundle discount is void, and the total bundle discount will be deducted from the refund.
Price guarantee. If we lower our price on an item within 30 days of your purchase, we will honor the lower price. If you notice that we have lowered a price on an item you recently purchased, just contact Sales and Support and we’ll gladly issue a refund or credit for the difference (if you paid with a credit card, you’ll need to use the same card). This offer does not apply to clearance items or price reductions associated with special sale events.
Restocking fee. A restocking fee of ten percent (10%) may be deducted from the refund amount for hardware products (such as non-defective computers, printers, and Xbox returns).
Personal data. Microsoft is not responsible for any personal data included on returned or exchanged items. Please ensure that your personal data is removed from all items prior to return or exchange.
Upgrade Option and Returns. If you purchased an otherwise returnable product with an upgrade option, returns will be honored within the return period, and special return procedures apply as follows:
- If you return the product before the upgrade is released, you will not receive the upgrade.
- If you return the product after the upgrade is released, you must return both the product and upgrade together.