The Microsoft Store on eBay return policy is in addition to any statutory return rights you may have under law. Microsoft Store on eBay will accept returns for items that meet the return criteria set forth below for 30 days from the date of purchase or download, as applicable. Exceptions are stated below. We may deny any return or exchange if it fails to meet our return criteria.
BEFORE YOU RETURN A PRODUCT
If you are having issues with a product, there may be other options before you return it:
- Please contact us via eBay messaging and we will do our best to assist with your issue
- Find online help or ask questions on the Microsoft Support website: http://support.microsoft.com
- Call 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676) for in-person technical product support
To return a product eligible for return or exchange under our return policy:
- Please visit "My eBay" to initiate the return process and retrieve your return shipping label no later than thirty (30) days after the date of purchase.
- We will examine the items when received and, if they are eligible for return or exchange under our return policy, Microsoft Store on eBay will arrange for an exchange or issue a credit to the same form of payment you used to purchase the item and send you a return receipt e-mail.
To qualify, all returns and exchanges must be accompanied by the original documentation, instruction manuals, registration, parts and components (including cables, controllers, and accessories) and the original manufacturer packaging. Failure to include such items may prevent or delay your refund or exchange. Refunds will be made in the same method as payment. When you make a qualifying return, we will credit the full amount, less the original shipping and handling charges, if any, and we will process your refund within approximately one week from receipt of your return shipment.
- Microsoft Store on eBay will not accept the following items for return: (i) items that have been personalized or customized, (ii) special order items, if not part of a Microsoft Store on eBay promotional retail sales offering, and (iii) items that have been used, altered or that show wear or damage. Items must be in a condition that permits us to resell them.
- For games and software, you may only return opened items during the return period if: (i) you do not agree with the license agreement, or (ii) the media does not work, and (iii) only if you do not make or retain any copies. Opened software and games may only be exchanged for the same product.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL for clearance items or those marked with a designation such as "Final Sale" or "Non-Returnable."
Online returns only. Items ordered from the Microsoft Store on eBay can only be returned or exchanged through eBay. (Go to My eBay > Purchase history.)
Promotions. When we offer promotions that save you money by offering a combination of products and/or services together, all included products and/or services must be returned together. If your promotion included a service that you have already begun to use, the full retail value of the service will be deducted from the amount of your refund.