From 1999 through 2008, the United States Mint "State Quarters Program" was very popular with both the general public and coin collectors. It was followed in 2009 with the "District of Columbia and U.S. Territories Quarters Program." Beginning in 2010, the U.S. Mint launched another program that has proven to be just as popular. The "America the Beautiful Quarters Program" is schedule to run through 2021. Each year, five sites of "natural or historic significance" are honored by a unique reverse device (tails side of the coin) on the long running George Washington Quarters. The program may be extended an additional eleven years at the discretion of the Secretary of the Treasury. OK Ranch is proud to offer a wide selection of America the Beautiful coin products.
- Proof Coin Sets - Proof coins are special strikes by the San Francisco mint, producing a deep cameo appearance on both sides of the quarters. The 'field' is mirror bright, while the 'device' had a frosted appearance. Proof coins are struck using the same copper nickel alloy used for circulating quarters. In addition, a limited number of proof coins are struck in fine coin silver (90% pure silver with 10% copper to increase hardness). Proof coins are only available in sets of five or three coins. (See 'Three Coin Sets' below.)
- Three Coin Sets - are made up of one coin struck at each of the three U.S. Mint locations that produce quarter dollar coins. A proof coin struck in copper nickel at the San Francisco Mint is packaged with uncirculated coins struck in copper nickel at the Denver and Philadelphia Mints.
- Individual Uncirculated Coins are acquired by us directly from the United States Mint and packaged in a unique gift case that compliments the design of each quarter; e.g, a Grand Canyon case, a Gettysburg case, etc.
- Uncirculated Annual Sets - We package six uncirculated coins in annual sets (with the sixth coin being an ATB quarter of our choosing). The five quarters for the year are packaged with reverse side toward the top and the sixth is packaged with the obverse (heads) side toward the top. We offer three different gift case designs.
- Five Ounce Silver Coins - One of the most exciting components of the America the Beautiful Quarters Program is the inclusion of silver bullion coins. Two varieties are minted - the plain bullion variety is intended for silver traders, speculators, and most investors. The "Specimen" coins are a special collectors variety intended for both coin collectors and more sophisticated investors. The specimen coins are minted in very limited numbers, and feature a beautiful vapor-blast satin finish. At the present time, only the special collectors variety includes a mint mark (P). Though plain bullion 5 once silver coins are produced at the Philadelphia Mint as well, they are available in almost unlimited quantities, do not have the vapor blast finish or P mint mark, and are not subject to the stringent quality control of the specimen coins. At present, we have chosen to sell only the specimen coin, believing that it offers the best initial value and the most potential for increasing value, both for collectors and investors. Each of these coins contains 5 troy ounces of .999 fine silver. These coins are approximately 3 inches in diameter, and contain virtually the same design as the regular size quarters.