Installation Procedures - Compressors
All Warranties will be void and the product will be not eligible for returns if the Installation Procedures below are not
- You Must Add Oil!
- Transfer any brackets and switches from the old unit to the new one
- Disconnect the compressor, expansion valve, accumulator/dryer, and any hoses with filters or muffler assemblies
- The accumulator and orifice tube or the receiver-drier and expansion valve must be replaced at the time of installation. Some vehicles have a liquid line
with built in orifice tube. They will need to be replaced.
- The entire A/C System (condenser, evaporator and hoses.) must be completely flushed with approved flush prior to installation of the compressor. If your
vehicle has an additional rear air conditioning system, it both expansion valves and evaporators need to be flushed.
Note: Parallel Flow type condenser cannot be cleaned and must be replaced.
Warning: Air is not an effective or acceptable method for cleaning the A/C System. Closed Loop Cleaning using refrigerant, or Liquid Cleaning with a
cleaning agent, are acceptable.
- After installation and prior to powering the system, rotate the compressor clutch 10 to 15 times, using a spanner wrench. Failure to complete this step
may cause permanent failure and will void the warranty.
Note: Do not turn the clutch nut. This will change the air gap and cause compressor failure.
- Evacuate the system of moisture and air. Use a vacuum pump to evacuate the system to 29.5 in/Hg for at sixty (60) minutes.
- Recharge the system. Use only R-12 or R134A compatible lubricants and refrigerants
Warranty Terms - Compressors
Click here for full warranty