"I promise that you will be 100% satisfied with any of Unique Distributing's products or your money back. I stake my reputation on it."
We will be closed for vacation 09/23/16 to 10/17/16 If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message us. We will be checking email as time permits! Thanks in advance for your understanding!! Cathy
|Stay up to date on new products and sales!|
|Check Out Our Complete|
Line of Cleaning Products
Listed In Our
||Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page! We have collected a few of the day to day questions that have been asked about our various products and posted them below. If you have additional questions about any of our products please don't hesitate to contact us.|
- Questions about our Unique Products
- Questions about our 303 Products
- Questions about our Sheila Shine
||Frequently Asked Questions about Unique Products:|
1.) How does UNIQUE Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator and Stain and Odor Eater work?
All of UNIQUE products contain billions of safe, environmentally friendly bacillus bacteria and enzymes to literally eat up the organic matter that is causing a stain and odor problem.
Remember high school biology? Bacteria are single celled organisms that reproduce by splitting into two cells. There are bacteria that are harmful to humans (such as e.coli) and bacteria that are useful to humans (such as penicillin).
"Bacillus" bacteria is completely harmless to humans, animals, and plants. Yet it consumes a wide variety of organic material (a nice way of saying bad smelling waste such as urine, feces, blood and vomit.) At the cellular level, when you put billions of these bacteria on some sort of organic waste, the bacteria is able to digest it over time, turning it into water and carbon dioxide. The bacteria use "enzymes", which are chemical catalysts to break up long, complex waste molecules into smaller pieces, which can then be digested by the bacteria. Enzymes are not alive, they are manufactured by the bacteria - similar to the digestive enzymes in your own stomach. In order to speed up this natural process, the makers of Unique products have added essential nutrients and extra enzymes to "jump start" the bacteria's digestion process. Without these added ingredients, the same process might take months or years rather than hours. There is no bleach, alcohol, or other caustic ingredients in any of our products. They are all guaranteed to remove stains, and odors safely, effectively and permanetly.
2.) What Can I Use it on?
Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator and our general purpose Odor and Stain Eater may be safely used on:
- Carpeting and rugs
- Hard flooring
- Clothing and fabrics
- Upholstered furniture
- Car seats
- Mattresses and bedding
- Sporting equipment, such as hockey or football pads
- Garbage cans
- Kennels, stables, barns, horse trailers and other animal cages
- Inside smelly shoes
- Refrigerators and coolers
- On animals and humans to remove skunk odor
- Virtually anyplace where there is a bad smell and or organic stain!
If you are not sure if a fabric is color safe, we do recommend testing a hidden area first.
3.) How do I Use PET ODOR & STAIN ELIMINATOR or ODOR & STAIN EATER?
Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator and Odor and Stain Eater comes either in a concentrated bottle ready to mix with warm water, or already mixed in a ready to use spray bottle.
- If you have treated a stain with a distinfectant or sanitizer you must wait at least 6 hours BEFORE OR AFTER applying either of these products. The bacteria must be alive to work, and distinfectants kill the bacteria.
- TO MIX THE CONCENTRATE: mix 1 part concentrate with up to 10 parts warm water in a spray bottle. Do not mix more than can be used in one week, or the bacteria may go dormant and not work. Please read on for more information on how to use the concentrate.
- TO USE THE READY TO USE FORMULA: simply pour on the stain enough to saturate it completely. Dampen a clean white towel or cotton cloth with warm water, wring it out, and place it over the stain. Generally, the stain must be kept damp for several hours for the bacteria to fully digest the stain. If you are treating an area with a large amount of urine, there may be a heavy ammonia smell as you treat it. You may need to repeat the process two or more times, every 12 hours, until the odor is gone. Don't be afraid to get things wet. The area must have enough product/water on it to do the job. You can also just mix some up and pour it directly on the area you are trying to treat.
- CARPET EXTRACTORS: Begin by putting hot water only in the extractor and pull out as much of the urine as possible. Then fill the extractor with very warm water and add 2-4 ounces of product for each gallon of water. Do not extract all the water from the carpet, the bacteria must have water to grow. Leave the carpet damp and put damp, white towels over the area where there is urine.
- BLOOD STAINS: Mix one part Odor and Stain Eater and 5 parts water and apply to stain. Cover stain with a clean, damp white towel and leave overnight. The protein from the blood will be digested.
4.) Is it Safe?
The "Bacillus" bacteria in all of Unique's products is completely safe for animals, plants and humans. It is the ultimate enviromentally friendly cleaning product. Our products DO NOT CONTAIN any acids, corrosives or toxins. We like to say Nature's Way is the Best Way! We do recommend that you wash your hands after handling the products.
5.) Why is This Better Than Other Stuff?
Unique's products contain nothing that is harmful to the enviroment, to people, animals or plants. This is especially favorable if you are looking for a nontoxic drain opener, carpet shampoo, rv or septic tank treatment.
Our products use more active bacteria in all of our products then other brands. We have higher bacteria counts than industry standards, approximately 65 billion spores per quart, resulting in a lower cost per application. Many other brands contain very low levels of bacteria making them ineffective.
With a formula so powerful, it begins removing odors immediately leaving a fresh clean smell.
The entire family of Unique Brand products all work on the same general principle of using billions of safe, enviromentally friendly bacillus bacteria and enzymes to eat up the cause of odors and stains PERMANENTLY. Try them all!
- Unique Odor and Stain Eater
- Unique Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator
- Unique Super Digest-It Safe Drain Opener
- Unique Marine Digest-It
- Unique Hungri-Bac Septic Sysytem
- Unique Digest-It for RVs
- Unique Septic System Digester
- Unique Carpet Shampoo
- Unique Complete
- Unique Water Stain Eater
- Unique Wine Stain Eater
- Unique Athletic Stain and Odor Eater
- Unique Lift
Organic waste is one of our nation's biggest problems and as Americans we spend billions of dollars each year trying to eliminate the waste. There is a simple solution to this problem. These products improve the enviroment in which we live. They eat and digest waste which pollutes our living areas. The waste that is is digested by the bacteria become water and carbon dioxide. This is nature's way of eliminating organic waste. We use only non-pathogenic bacteria (not harmful to man or animal). We add essential nutrients to jump start our bacteria. This causes our bacteria to work in hour and days, not months and years.
||Frequently Asked Questions about Sheila Shine Products:|
1) Can Sheila Shine be used on the Floors?
No, Sheila Shine is an Oil Base Product. If use on the floors it can make the surface very slippery.
2) Can Sheila Shine be used on food preparation surface
No, Sheila Shine is an oil base product and is not recommended for food preparation surface.
3) Can Sheila Shine be used for cooking utensils such as pots, pans, knives, forks and spoons?
No, Sheila Shine is an Oil Base Product and is not recommended for pots, pans, knives, fork, and spoons.
4) Can Sheila Shine be used for bathtubs and shower?
No, Sheila Shine is an Oil Base Product and is if use on the bathtub or shower it can make the surface very slippery.
5) Should I use Sheila Shine in a ventilated area?
Yes, it is always wise when working with any chemicals to open the windows and get a cross ventilated thru out the area.
6) Where can Sheila Shine be used?
- Use it at the office: work stations, desks, shelving, elevators, doors and knobs, all hard surfaces including most office machines.
- Use in hospitals: corridors, nurses stations, elevators, etc.
- Use it in your home: kitchens, counter tops, stove tops, cabinets, bathroom fixtures (metal and porcelain), window and door fixtures (including kick plates), food preparation areas, etc. - even your fine furniture Leather.
- Use it on your boat: all metal and aluminum fixtures/fittings, towers, fiberglass, and instrument panels, even your fine teak decking and other woodwork.
- Use anywhere: Any hard surface that needs cleaning and protection in one simple step.
Frequently Asked Questions about Piggy Paint
Does Piggy Paint wear the same as traditional polish?
Piggy Paint typically wears a couple days shy of solvent-based polishes when applied as directed. Wear depends of on the type of nails, the activities the nails are involved in (polish obviously doesn't wear as well on children because they are so hard on their nails), and how the polish is applied.
For maximum chip resistance, we recommend the following application instructions:
Wash hands with soap and water.
Apply 2 -3 thin coats of Piggy Paint, Air dry 60 seconds.
Blow dry polished nails for 1 minute with hair dryer set on warm heat/low blower setting. Since our polish is water-based, it takes longer to cure and the blow dryer speeds up this process. For safety purposes, please follow manufacturer’s instructions on blow dryer and always monitor your child. (Tip: Sing 2 rounds of ABC's while blow drying for added fun!)
Use Piggy Paint Primecoat for added scratch resistance and Piggy Paint Topcoat for added chip resistance. A little more effort is required to apply all three products, though the result is well worth the extra time. Since our polish does not contain the harsh chemicals found in solvent-based polishes, do not expect it to wear exactly the same (but pretty close). Our customers tell us it is well worth the trade-off for a non-toxic, eco-friendly, odorless alternative!
What is the return policy for Piggy Paint?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with a product purchased, returns are accepted within 30 days of the original purchase date. ONLY unused merchandise will be reviewed for refund.
How large is a bottle of Piggy Paint Nail Polish and Remover?
Piggy Paint Nail Polish is the size of a "normal" bottle of polish (0.5 fl. oz./15 ml), yet has a skinny brush that works well on small nails. Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover is 4 fl. oz./120 ml.
Why is Piggy Paint as Natural as Mud?
Piggy Paint is as Natural as Mud in the sense that every ingredient in the polish is biodegradable with no traces or residues left behind, thus it would make an excellent addition to your mulch pile. The acrylic resins are present in the polish in the form of latexes-emulsions in water-very similar in form and function to milk. The term "resin" is quite generic and refers to any polymer which can form a film as it dries. In this sense, proteins, celluloses, sugars, and DNA, to name a few "natural" polymers, are resins and none of these are any less harmful than the resins we use in our polish.
Why does my nail polish look milky? Is it still safe to use?
Some of the polishes may have a milky appearance that will disappear upon drying. The polish is still fine to use and will appear vibrant on your nails.
What should I do if there is separation in the nail polish?
Although separation is very minor, occasionally a light ring of color will appear at the top of the bottle. Simply shake the bottle to mix the polish.
What is the shelf life of your polish?
Piggy Paint has a shelf life of several years, though there may be a slight tendency for the polish to thicken as the months go by. To correct this, add a drop or two of water to the bottle and give it a good shake!
What should I do if my polish thickens up?
If thinning is needed, add 1 or 2 drops of water, and shake well. For best results, gently remove any nail polish clumps present on the brush with a paper towel.
Is there anything toxic in the nail polish?
No. There are no toxic chemicals. The resins are polyacrylic latexes with residual monomers well below 100 parts per million. The only co-solvent is a diglycol ether. All colorants are FDA-certified for cosmetic use.
Which glycol ethers are used in the polish?
While there are some indications that two glycol ethers, monomethyl and monobutyl ethylene glycol, may have some potential for harm, the diethylene and dipropylene glycol ethers as a class have been proven safe for human contact. Of these two classes we have chosen to use monobutyl diethylene glycol because of its high boiling point (low flammablility), it's approval for use in California as a non-VOC solvent, its water solubility and its biodegradability.
What should be done to prepare nails before putting on the polish?
Simply, clean nails with Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover or soap and water. Healthy nails naturally produce a mixture of oils and proteins, which serve to protect, beautify and enhance their appearance. Normal nail polishes remove these substances from the nails, requiring the user to prepare their nails with other products. However, since Piggy Paint Nail Polish is a waterborne polish, it does not remove the oils so your nails remain strong and healthy.
How long will it take for my nails to dry?
Piggy Paint dries to a tack-free state nearly as fast as regular polish, though it takes longer to reach its ultimate hardness. We recommend using multiple thin coats since they will dry faster than one thick coat. If your hands are cold, the temperature is cool, or there is high humidity in the area, it may take longer for the coats to dry. For maximum chip resistance, use the following application instructions:
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Apply 2 -3 thin coats of Piggy Paint.
3. Air dry 60 seconds.
4. Blow dry polished nails for 1 minute with hair dryer set on warm heat/low blower setting. For safety purposes, please follow manufacturer’s instructions on blow dryer and always monitor your child.
Do I have to use a blow dryer to dry the nails?
No, but it is recommended for maximum chip resistance. Since Piggy Paint is water-based and does not contain harsh chemicals, it takes approximately 4 to 6 hours for ultimate hardness to be reached. The blow dryer just speeds up this process. Another alternative is to wait and polish your child’s nails after bath time, before they go to bed. This will allow the polish to cure overnight.
How hard is it to remove the polish? Do I need nail polish remover?
Piggy Paint can be removed within 1-3 days with rubbing alcohol. Afterwards, the polish becomes increasingly more difficult to remove, particularly for dry, porous nails or toenail, and a nail polish remover is necessary. Our Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover is specially formulated for our polish, though it will remove solvent-based polishes as well. Soak nails for 30 seconds with a cotton ball saturated with Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover.
Will Piggy Paint Nail Polish stains come out of carpet?
On the carpets we tested, Piggy Paint Nail Polish was easily removed, as long as the stain was taken care of quickly (before it dries). We have had several customers praise Piggy Paint for not ruining their hardwood floors, as well as their carpets. This is not a guarantee; but you have a much better chance of saving your floors with Piggy Paint Nail Polish, since solvent-based polish stains set in immediately.
Is your polish gluten, soy and nut free?
Yes, our polish is gluten, soy, and nut free. Our nail polish is not a food product, not manufactured in a food processing plate, and is not meant for ingestion, therefore does not contain any food allergens.
Are your products cruelty-free?
Yes, our products are cruelty-free and do not contain any animal by-products.
© 2008 Unique Distributing, Stain and Odor Solution. All Rights Reserved
All images and text are the legal property of Unique Distributing and cannot be copied or used without permission.
This page created by Tanya's Logos