The sizes indicated in the listing titles and descriptions reflect the size of the garment as indicated by the label or tag attached to the item by the retailer. As we all know, sizes vary greatly among designers - so if you are unsure of fit - please consult the designer specific sizing chart or simply ask me to provide you with the measurements you need to make an informed decision.
When measurements are requested, I lay the garment down on a flat surface and pull the edges slightly taught. This often provides "minimum" measurements, as the fabric is not being stretched and/or filled to capacity at the time.
- Bust measurements are typically taken across the front of the garment from armpit to armpit and then doubled, however, some items (ex. full wrap dresses) are measured across the back from side seam to side seam at the armpit and then doubled. Example: armpit to armpit measures 16" across the front - so I will indicate that the bust measures 32".
- Waist measurements are taken in various places depending on the cut and style of the garment.
- If the item has a belt, the waist is measured at the belt-line.
- If the item has an empire waist, the meaurement is taken at the base of the empire banding.
- If the item has a banded mid-section, the meaurement is taken at the mid point.
- If the item is straight cut, I will usually measure down from the bust 4" - 6" and record the waist across from seam to seam.
- Length is typically measured from shoulder to hem while the item is hanging up. Certain styles will require that I measure from armpit to hem, center chest/center back to hem, or from several areas to hem to give a realistic accounting of the length.
All sales are final and merchandise is sold as-is.
It is worth special mention AGAIN that I encourage all of my potential customers to request additional information about any item of interest, but I especially encourage requesting specific measurements for apparel because I do NOT accept returns and personal issues with fabric and/or fit does NOT qualify an item as "Significantly Not as Described" nor does it indicate Seller error or misrepresentation. Furthermore, I stress the importance of having reasonable expectations after receiving merchandise, as the Seller is not liable for damages to, or failure of an item after a Buyer successfully takes delivery and begins to use and enjoy an item. Of course, valid (and verifiable) return requests based on Seller error will be honored and handled on an individual basis. However, such claims will only be entertained when the Buyer contacts me immediately to notify me of an issue (within 24 hours of delivery). In the event that a return/refund is in fact warranted due to Seller error, the Buyer should be prepared to return the item and the original packaging immediately if a full refund is desired.
In the event that an exception is made and a return is authorized, the following conditions shall apply:
Please note that all items are thoroughly inspected and photographed just prior to shipping to ensure order accuracy and product quality. Likewise, returns will be thoroughly inspected upon receipt. Items must be the original purchased item in unused, unworn, unwashed and unaltered condition with accessories, labels, tags, etc. attached and intact. Items must also be free of body and/or pet odor, residue and/or stains including hair, deodorant, cosmetics, lotion, perfume, cologne, smoke, etc. Upon passing inspection, credit/refund will be processed within 5 business days. Inconsistent merchandise returns will result in a forfeit of any credit and/or refund originally negotiated. Returns for non-apparel items (Shoes, Handbags, Jewelry & Accessories, etc.) will NOT be accepted as these items are always sold AS IS. Return packages not meeting the conditions/requirements outlined in the return policy will be refused and returned to sender at their risk and expense. If any area of this policy is unclear - please contact me PRIOR to making a purchase for clarification.
- Buyer agrees to take adequate measures to ensure that the merchandise is appropriately repackaged for safe transit and delivery
- Buyer will be responsible for return shipping expenses (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance are always suggested)
- A 20% restocking fee will be deducted from the refund amount (based on the purchase price)
- Original shipping and handling costs are not refundable