The Helfer family has been importing diamonds and making jewelry for three generations starting with Gregg's Grandfather David Helfer. David...read more
The Helfer family has been importing diamonds and making jewelry for three generations starting with Gregg's Grandfather David Helfer. David opened his first wholesale office in downtown Chicago in 1933. In 1939 he opened his first retail store in Kankakee, Illinois. Over the next 20 years, David opened more than fifteen stores throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa making the family one of the first independently owned chain of jewelry stores in the area.
A Chicago Institution
Gregg's parents continued the family business throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's consolidating their stores to the Chicago region. Waiting in the wings was their oldest son Gregg who had ventured off in other ventures including jewelry. In 2000, after working in the jewelry industry on his own for over 12 years, Gregg continued the family tradition by opening a private office in the historic Maller's building on Chicago's Jewelers Row.
You are here
0 results found in all categoriesSee all items in this store