|Policies for Selling Clients
Thank you for your interest in ClosetKarma, located in Berkeley, CA. You can contact me by phone at (510) 529-5477. I'd love to hear from you! My consignment services include personal consultation, item research and pricing, photography, sales via my online store and/or local events, various means of marketing, shipping and all other related customer service for buyers.
Please review the following policies created to provide the best possible experience for sellers and buyers alike.
1. ClosetKarma does not guarantee the sale of any item.
2. Items accepted are limited to women’s designer clothing, jewelry and accessories. Designer labels and current season styles are most desirable. All items accepted are at the discretion of ClosetKarma.
3. Free local pickup is available by request (within San Francisco/Bay Area only).
4. Items outside local area may be accepted (within the U.S. only) at the discretion of ClosetKarma. Prepaid UPS labels are sent via email for shipping. (Please contact me to confirm details.
5. All items accepted must be in new, like-new, or excellent condition: no holes, tears, stains, odors, etc. Items must be clean and without any holes, tears, stains or odors. (Clothing from local clients should be pressed.)
6. Dry cleaning services are available at an additional charge. This charge is deducted from final payment issued to Client.
7. The following method is used to determine minimum bid amounts:
Original retail value is determined by Client’s receipts (when possible), or by estimates based on same brand/similar items. A percentage of original retail value is then calculated based on condition using the following scale:
35% Preowned/Like New
25% Preowned/Very Good
8. Clients are paid 50% of sale price by Paypal or check upon request.
9. Items for online auction will be listed at the original minimum bid price for 30 days (from date of listing). After that time prices will be reduced by 5% on a monthly basis.
10. Unsold items may be returned or donated at any time upon request. Pickup or return shipping of such items is the responsibility of the Client.