The HP eBay store will accept returns and exchanges up to 10 days after delivery for most products. Some exceptions apply. See product offer for return eligibility.
For all returns, you must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) by contacting a HP eBay store representative at 1-877-471-9656 or via eBay Messaging
Products must be in original packaging and must include all manuals, power cords, and HP installed software and options to be eligible for return.
Please note that products purchased from the HP eBay store will not accept returns for the following products (unless defective):
- Opened memory
- Opened software and consumable products (i.e. printer cartridges, paper, etc.)
- Electronic software downloads
- Replacement parts supplied by technical support and
- Product that cannot be linked to an HP eBay store order number
- Product that has been modified by installation of additional software or options or have serial numbers removed
The HP eBay store does not accept any COD returns.
Return shipping costs are borne by the customer; unless HP specifically agrees otherwise. If requested, a call tag may be offered to the customer at a reasonable cost.
After HP receives your return, it is inspected and compared to the RMA. All parts and equipment contained in the original order must be included (including, without limitation: keyboard, mouse, software, speakers, accessories, drives, memory, microprocessors, and processor boards). Once confirmation is completed, the return is processed into an HP warehouse and credit is issued using the same form of payment used for purchase (for cash payments, a refund check will be issued). The normal process usually takes 7-10 business days to complete. No credits are issued for incomplete returns.
If the returned shipment does not match the RMA, a Customer Support Representative will contact you.
Non-Defective Product Returns
RMA's must be requested within 10 days after the delivery date.
HP, in its sole discretion, may accept returns requested more than 10 days after the delivery date subject to a restocking fee of 25%. The restocking fees are deducted from the refund amount issued.
To report product that was defective on arrival (DOA), the customer should contact the HP Customer Support Center 1-800-HP-INVENT (1-800-474-6836) to request diagnosis and repair or authorize a replacement or return of the product.
If product fails during the Limited Warranty Period and the suggestions in the product documentation do not solve the problem, the customer can receive support by visiting "Support & Drivers" at www.hp.com/support to locate authorized support providers, post questions to HP Technical Support professionals, or download software.
Shipment Related Loss or Damage
You should note damages or shortages on the Proof of Delivery (POD) document at the time of delivery and you must report damages or shortages within 14 days by contacting a HP eBay store Customer Support Representative at 1-877-471-9656. You may be asked to provide a copy of the Proof of Delivery and order number or customer account number.
You must report concealed damage, where the box is in good condition but the product is missing or damaged, within five business days after delivery. Carriers reserve the right to conduct an on-site inspection at the delivery destination. If the carrier is not allowed to inspect the product, a claim cannot be filed and replacement product will not be provided. When the carrier claim has been validated or the carrier waives an inspection, HP will provide an RMA for the return of damaged product, process a credit for the damage or shortage, and enter an order for replacement product.
1. Customers should take receipt and sign for delivery of damaged product.
2. Customer must have Carrier note delivery discrepancy (such as shortage or damaged box) on the "Proof of Delivery"
3. Customer signs "Proof of Delivery" and maintains copy.
4. Customer submits copy of "Proof of Delivery" to HP within five (5) business days.
5. Customer documents the damage with digital photos, if available
6. Customer returns merchandise to HP using RMA, original packaging materials and original shipping carton if available.
Preparing Product for Return
1. Call an HP eBay Store Representative at 1-877-471-9656 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number(s).
2. Package the product including the "Packing List" which includes the original order number, part number(s), quantity, and applicable serial number(s) for the product(s) being returned.
3. The original box and packing material will need to be used to return the item.
4. Remove all mailing labels on the outside of the box that references the customer address. Prepare and attach a new mailing label with the RMA#(s) and the Returns Center address provided by the HP eBay Store Representative. DO NOT WRITE ON THE PACKAGING.
5. If product for more than one RMA is being returned in the same box, please make sure that all RMA numbers are listed on both the mailing label and packing list. If products are received at the Returns Center without valid RMA numbers on the mailing label, credit may be delayed or item may be refused and returned to the customer.
A call tag may be issued upon request to return product. Any fees for the call tag may be deducted from the credit due to the customer.
Proof of Delivery for Returns
Customers that are returning the merchandise without a HP issued call tag are encouraged to select a carrier that provides tracking numbers and insurance, such as UPS or FedEx. Customer is responsible to pack the item being returned properly to prevent any damage or loss of product en route to the HP Returns Center. When customer's purchase insurance coverage from a Carrier, collection on claims associated with Carrier loss or damage is the responsibility of the customer.
Signatures confirming Proof of Delivery can be used to determine whether or not a box has been received at the HP Returns Center. If items are consolidated in a single box, a POD cannot be used to confirm receipt of specific items or quantities. If you return a product outside this process, your credit or replacement may be delayed pending proof of delivery to our warehouse. Customer assumes risk of loss and payment of return freight.